$288.00 was $320.00
This variant is currently sold out
- Artist Bio
"This form is based on the structure of a geometric polyhedron. Every piece is identical, making home assembly easy. Our kitsets significantly reduce freighting, which is one of our ways of doing what we can to help preserve our beautiful sea and land environments." - David Trubridge
- Seed System kitset lightshade
- 6 sizes; 1600 available in hoop pine; as assembled product only
- Bamboo plywood & nylon clips; also available in aluminium (assembled only)
- 11 stock colours or custom colours available on request, natural, caramel,lime,red,yellow, aqua,orange,white one side, white both sides,black one side, and black both sides.
*If ordering black one side please specify in notes whether you will display with black on inside or outside.
- Estimated time of kitset construction 40 - 60 minutes, depending on size of product
Please allow 1-2 days for dispatch
David Trubridge graduated from Newcastle University in England in 1972 with a degree in Naval Architecture (Boat Design). Working as a forester part-time in rural Northumberland for a short period, he taught himself to make furniture. His carefully crafted designs were shown all over the UK.
In 1981, Trubridge and his wife Linda set off to sail around the world with their two small sons. They sold all they had and bought ‘Hornpipe’, the yacht that was their home for the next ten years as they navigated their way throughout the Caribbean and the Pacific.
The family arrived in New Zealand in 1985. Deeply inspired by his impressions of the Pacific, Trubridge began to develop furniture which held close connotations with the sea.
Fortunes changed dramatically for Trubridge with his re-launch of Body Raft which was taken to the Milan Furniture Fair in 2001 and brought into production by Cappellini. This signaled the transformation of the business from a small-scale model to one that has a considerable presence on the international lighting and furniture market.