Cloud by David Trubridge
Cloud lights were first launched in 2008 as part of the Spiral Islands installation of matching lights and settees. This was inspired by the clouds that David saw sitting over small islands all over the Pacific Ocean, which were used by Polynesian navigators to find islands from afar. The Cloud lights were made with frosted plastic but were later discontinued due to the negative environmental impact of the material. Cloud has now been given a second chance through a new material. The new version is made almost entirely of bamboo plywood applied in the same strips or rings. This allows light to shine through while offering a similar visual lightness as the former translucent plastic version.
Please note: Painted options of Cloud are generally cut to order with a lead time of up to 8 weeks.
- Shipped in environmentally friendly packaging.
- Easy assembly at home via PDF or online video.
- Two sizes.
- 12 Standard colour options (custom colours on request).
- Comes with suspension wires, cord and bulb holder (and ceiling canopy for North American orders).
- E26/E27 lamp/bulb required, see more info here.
- Intended for dry interior spaces.